Hosting and Systems Management
for maximum performance and up time
Jewel Business Solutions manage dozens of Reservation Systems, both on client sites and in the Sydney Data Centre. As these systems are used by Tour Operators 365 days a year, and are taking internet bookings from around the world then it is imperative these systems are running 24hrs a day, 365 days a year.
Backups are fully automated not requiring any downtime and our only outages are for automated maintenance upgrades between 1am and 4am.
Secure, A Grade Hosting
We host our systems in an $80 million Sydney Data Centre. The Data Centre is an ultra-high security (also hosting VISA and Mastercard), highly redundant, 7000 square metre, purpose-built centre operating 24 hours a day and 365 days a year. It has the highest levels of redundancy in the Asia Pacific region, automatic fail-over capability and capacity to cater for rapid growth in demand. There is no Data Centre in Australia like it.
In the last four years there has been only one occasion where the Data Centre did not meet its 99.999% up time SLA and that occasion was outside normal hours.
- Our Servers connect to the Internet through redundant Cisco 12000 series switches ($3 million each) connected to redundant live feeds from two different providers. Should a switch or internet connection fail, automatic failover normally happens in 26 seconds. This is real-world tested once a month.
- Dual mains electricity supply feeds come from Energy Australia (one from the north, the other from the south) and terminate at our sub-station on site.
- There are separate transformers and mains switch boards that feed to multiple Inverter/UPS units.
- The fully redundant 6000KVA Inverter/UPS system has automatic multi-point failover feeding to fully redundant multiple power management modules.
- Backing up the Inverter/UPs system are multiple 2.5 MW Caterpillar diesel generators. Every diesel generator is tested into a full 2 MW resistive load once per month.
- There are two high capacity diesel fuel tanks on site with enough fuel stored for three days. There are priority fuel delivery arrangements with five suppliers.
- There is a fully redundant Carrier air conditioning system, consisting of multiple refrigerant-cooled units. No water problems, no water danger to servers below.
- Dual ethernet feeds and separate power feeds go to each security cage.
- There is a fully operational on-site 24 x 7 Network Operations Centre.
- There are 24 x 7 security guards on site at all times.
- 150 video security cameras, inside and out, record every part of the building and its grounds.
- Entry for authorised personnel is only through security portals (handprint, picture ID, magnetic card).
- There is a fully integrated building management system for smoke, fire and water detection, electrical and air conditioning.
- There are four redundant high-speed internet links of minimum 155Mbps, and over 1 Gbps of total capacity.